Saturday, November 21, 2009

Week 2-4: Custom Fabrications

Week 2-4:

After the car taken apart I began with the custom fabrications. I begin with the LCD unit and without any kind of knowledge which I should have researched for the LCD. The LCD unit I purchased didnt fit the aftermarket OEM in-dash bezel I purchased so I have to fabricate the bezel onto the LCD unit itself. This long process took over few weeks to perfect. First it comes to drilling and using the dremel to cut away some ABS then fitting the LCD unit into the OEM bezel. Afterwards fitting the gaps then sanding, more sanding. After it smooths out comes to few layers of primer, sanding primer again (Wait few days for it to cured) then comes on painting, painting.....more painting. I think i sand and painted about 12+ coats in between two weeks time because of imperfection.

Waiting for the LCD unit to dry I also made a custom Laptop housing to house the laptop with many vents for air flow. While making the laptop I decided to take-apart the laptop so that I can solder the on/off switch wires.
 

Waiting some more I moved onto the inverter and wire some wires also for the on/off switch to allowed the iginition to turned it on using a relay+rocker switch.

Waiting some more I also managed to make a custom cigarette socket USB adapter for any USB devices.

Pictures to come..